Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Been away

I've not done this in a while and while I would like to say that this would be the start of me blogging more often I really can't make that promise either. You ever just have one of those days? The type that alot of things that have been bothering you just go away for one reason or another, the day that kinda defines how many many days to come are going to be from now on. I had one of them yesterday, and while I'm not going to go into all the details the basic point is that now there is no way I could be any happier with where I am in my life (other than getting to move back to Springfield but we are not gonna go there right now) The people in my life could not be more amazing if they tried and that's the amazing part....they don't they just are who they are and its hard to believe that such a diverse group of people can all get along on a regular basis but we do. We all find common things that rally us around each other be them fun things or major life events and if that's not a family then I'm really not sure what is. So to my friends thank you for nothing else than being you.

Ok switching gears big time to the NFL because as many people know I'm a very passionate person and dammit I miss football!! My fiance' became a football fan over this last year she is a Steelers fan completely on her own accord, and one of my best friends Rachel became a fan of the NFL as well, me and Nate just get more lucky everyday with these ladies in our lives, she is a Cardinals fan and before you start judging the bandwagon fan she has been a Kurt Warner fan since she was about 15 I can vouch for that! The problem is there is no more damn football only news about whiny people like Jay Cutler and his poor baby bruised ego that Denver would trade him, it is a sad day indeed that I look at a player and say "you know what Phillip Rivers is not so bad" So the things we can look forward to one being Jay Cutler shutting up and ending up somewhere like Oakland where he can finish out his career insignificantly and 2 the NFL draft coming up in a few weeks, its small things but they keep me going in the months we don't get to watch.

I am although for the 1st time since the Cardinals won the world series exited about watching some Baseball this year, I'm really not sure what brought that on but around the end of last season I kinda got that bug and watched some Rays games. More than anything I think its my love for the underdogs, but fact is I enjoyed it and if it can pass some time for me to get back to football I'm all for it.

Lastly I'm gonna give some love to the NHL i was sitting at old Chicago and found my eyes kept drifting to the Pittsburg vs New Jersey game that was on the TV above my head. I've been a hockey "fan" most my life but never watched on a regular basis this might be something that changes a bit while football is in off season as well cause lets face it fighting is still legal in the NHL and what other sport has a guy that goes on the ice just to kick someones ass? Not only that but I think some luster is being brought back to the game, with Sidney Crosby playing like the great one, and as much as it pains me to say Martian Broduar breaking Patrick Roy's all time win record. At least the game is getting some stories again, and with the love for alot of players in baseball slipping this might be a really good time for the NHL.

Cheers I love you all!

No comments: